Monday, October 24, 2011

"I hope they call me on a Mission....

...When I have 'raised a kid or two or seven'!"
My parents finally got their mission call after waiting forever for it to arrive. I was lucky enough to be in on the excitement.
(Our family map of guesses - Where in the world is Elder and Sister Pocock going? - we joked of Outer Siberia but no one guessed it. I wish I had because I would have won.)

They will serve in the Yekaterinburg Russia Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Why? What will they teach? I am so grateful for wonderful parents and their willingness to serve. I can't help but think back at my time as a missionary in Germany. It wasn't a piece of cake nor a vacation but a very faith promoting experience. It gave me such an awesome perspective of our Heavenly Father, His love and His beautiful plan that He has for each of us.

Good luck Mom and Dad! And Russia, I wish you two very mild winters.

5 comments:

Reid, Kim, Cohen, and Graidy said...

How exciting for your parents! They look great by the way! I remember the countdown you guys had in your hallway of when your older sisters were on their mission. Wow that was awhile ago! ;)

Also, Milo is looking so much older with his cute hair cut!!! Such a stud!

(me)linda said...

My brother, Garth, actually opened that mission. Outer Siberia...what are the odds! :) That's so cool!

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

Wow!! You have amazing parents Cara!! What an awesome example for all the grandkids! We are wishing them the best of luck :)

Shane and Amy Jo said...

So cool! Wishing them all the best. What an experience they will have. And I loved hearing your thoughts from your own mission...beautiful!

AND............HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

SP said...

That is soooo awesome!!! What fab parents you have. I am really excited for them. They will be great.